Beck's Young Farm Leader Program
The Ohio Soybean Association (OSA) and Beck’s Hybrids share the belief that building a grassroots network of young agricultural leaders is important to the continued success of the soybean industry and all of Ohio agriculture.
For this reason, OSA and Beck’s Hybrids have partnered to create the Beck’s Young Farm Leader Program to showcase the hard work, dedication and leadership of young Ohio farmers.
- Beck's Young Farm Leader Application (Word)
- Beck's Young Farm Leader Application (PDF)
- Beck's Young Farm Leader Online Application
One farmer each quarter will be chosen by a selection committee consisting of OSA and Beck’s Hybrids representatives. Each farmer selected will be highlighted in a story published in several Ohio agricultural publications. The stories will focus on the individual’s leadership roles, both on and off the farm, and how he or she has built a foundation for farming success.
The deadline for fourth Quarter applications is November 1, 2013.
One of the Beck’s Young Farm Leaders will be selected as the 2013 Beck’s Young Farm Leader of the Year and receive a trip for two ($2,000 value) to the 2014 Commodity Classic in San Antonio, Texas.
Questions? Contact Adam Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Growers must be between the ages of 21 and 45.
- Any soybean grower may apply for the program; selected participants are required to have a current Ohio Soybean Association membership.
- Applicants are not required to grow Beck's Hybrids products to be eligible to win.
- Applicants should demonstrate an interest in pursuing leadership roles within the soybean industry.