Ohio Soybean Association Posting
October 9, 2023 Ohio Soybean Association
The Ohio Soybean Association (OSA) is seeking applications for an independent contractor position to advance OSA’s membership program and develop new corporate partnerships. The contractor selected for this opportunity will contribute to the success of our mission-driven organization. The position is expected to be part-time (approximately 50%) and will be compensated through a combination of a contract fee plus incentives from membership sales and corporate partner development. Please see the description below for specific responsibilities.
The Ohio Soybean Association (OSA) is a member-based grassroots organization dedicated to improving the business climate for Ohio soybean producers. OSA’s mission is to provide leadership for Ohio’s soybean producers in promoting effective policies and legislation to ensure a growing and profitable soybean industry. OSA is governed by a board of soybean producers and soybean industry partners.
Applications will be accepted for this contractor position until October 23, 2023. To apply, please email or mail a letter/statement of interest and resume/bio to:
Wendy Hovey, Administrative and Organizational Services Manager, Ohio Soybean Association
Address: 918 Proprietors Road, Suite A, Worthington, Ohio 43085
The contractor will connect Ohio soybean farmers to Ohio Soybean Association (OSA) programs, services and leadership opportunities. The contractor will serve as a liaison for OSA with soybean farmers and partners, with a priority focus on growing OSA memberships and corporate partnerships. The contractor will be based in an agricultural region of Ohio and work remotely. This position requires frequent travel, generally to farms and events within Ohio, with occasional visits to the Ohio Soybean office in Worthington.
The contractor hired for this position will be expected to:
- Develop and implement a plan for member outreach and new member development, in support of OSA’s overall membership goals, and in coordination with OSA staff;
- Achieve goals for membership sales and corporate partner development;
- Identify industry partners in coordination with OSA staff to aid the association in achieving annual revenue goals;
- Conduct visits with soybean farmers, connecting them to OSA membership and other resources from OSA;
- Recruit farmers for participation in OSA programs;Support OSA programs and services through farmer recruitment and promotion, and organize and conduct grassroots meetings;
- Represent OSA at farmer meetings, events, field days and trade shows;
- Track and input member engagement and assist in quarterly metrics reporting;
- Identify and develop Ohio Soybean farmer leadership, including potential candidates for the OSA Board of Directors;
- Participate in OSA events including the Ohio State Fair, Farm Science Review, and Ohio Soybean Regional Meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for farming and agriculture
- Experience in sales and business development preferred
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Experience with multiple social media platforms
- Experience with e-mail marketing platforms
- Ability to manage multiple and frequent deadlines a must
- Ability to travel as needed
- Self-motivated, creative and organized
- Adapting quickly to change
- Building and supporting teams
- Strong understanding of customer service and farmer needs
- Creating and maintaining networks
- Demonstrating tenacity and perseverance
- Championing farmer engagement
- Establishing relationships
The independent contractor’s relationship with OSA will be overseen by:
- Director, Public Affairs and Issues Analysis
- Manager, Administrative and Organizational Services
This position will be filled on an equal opportunity and non-discriminatory basis without regard to race, color, creed, age, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, or military or veteran status. The contract may be conditional upon successful completion of a substance abuse screening test and/or background check.