Four Ohio Soybean Council (OSC) Board of Trustees districts are up for election in 2017. OSC Trustees serve three-year terms, and may be elected to as many as three consecutive terms. Two incumbents currently filling the seats up for election in 2017 are term-limited and two are eligible to run again.
• Ashland, Ashtabula, Columbiana, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Huron, Lorain, Mahoning, Medina, Portage, Richland, Summit, and Trumbull Counties
• Jeff Magyar (incumbent) is eligible to run again
• Defiance, Paulding, and Van Wert Counties
• Terry McClure (incumbent) is term-limited and not eligible to run again
• Crawford, Seneca, and Wyandot Counties
• Steve Reinhard (incumbent) is term-limited and not eligible to run again
• Clark, Greene, and Madison Counties
• Charlie Troxell (incumbent) is eligible to run again
Candidates must have grown soybeans within the last three years and must reside in one of the counties listed above to be eligible. If interested, candidates must complete a petition which can be accessed on the OSC website at www.soyohio.org. Petitions must be signed by at least 15 soybean producers in the district. The Ohio Department of Agriculture will verify petition signatures and thereby determine eligibility of candidates to run for the OSC Board. Elections will occur in the summer of 2017.
All petitions must be mailed directly to the Ohio Department of Agriculture and
must be postmarked by July 3, 2017.
For questions, please contact Kirk Merritt, OSC executive director at 614-476-3100 or email@example.com.