Moving the Soybean Industry Forward
The Ohio Soybean Council is committed to driving collaboration among industry leaders to ensure the success of the soybean industry for future generations. OSC’s Soy Tomorrow program brings together industry leaders and stakeholders to enhance the value of the soybean industry. Ohio Soy Tomorrow will provide you with access to current information on industry trends and insights into the direction the soybean industry is going, including regular trend updates, cutting edge industry research, and an informative electronic newsletter.
Weather is more than just small talk, so it’s time the conversation goes deeper. Weather is a pivotal factor for many of our daily decisions, but the overarching role climate plays is also important to consider. Join this webinar to learn how agriculture can contribute to changes in climate, how those shifts have impacted the industry on both local and global levels, and learn ways the ag community can adapt.
DATE: June 20, 2019
TIME: 11 a.m. EST
DURATION: 60 minutes
- Challenges a changing climate presents to Ohio’s ag sector.
- How agriculture impacts our changing climate.
- Effects of increasing greenhouse gases.
- Differences between weather and climate.
- Local and global context for impacts.
- How temperatures and precipitation have already affected agriculture in Ohio.
- Opportunity to ask questions.
Walk Away With:
- Scientific projections for the future.
- Ways the ag community can adapt.
- A deeper understanding of weather and the impacts of our changing climate.
- Mitigation efforts to limit greenhouse gas emissions and enrich our soils.
- Answers to your climate- and weather-related questions.
Webinar Host: Aaron Wilson is an atmospheric scientist at The Ohio State University and an expert in weather, climatology and climate change. He holds a joint appointment as a research scientist at the Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center, as a climate specialist with OSU Extension and is a contributing member to the State Climate Office of Ohio. Aaron’s recent work focuses on the local impacts of changing weather patterns, particularly those affecting the ag sector. You can find Aaron at u.osu.edu/wilson.1010 or on Twitter at @drwilsonsWX.
There is no cost to attend. Simply sign up at the link below to gain access to the live session.